- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Chicken Breast Halves (cooked, boneless and cubed)
- 6oz. package Long Grain Wild Rice Blend, Quick Cooking Version (you can use the seasoning package)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Carrots, diced
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 3 cups Light Cream
1. Open rice and pull out the seasoning packet, then set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the pepper and flour, then set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, and onion and sauté for 5 min. Stir in contents of seasoning packet, and continue cooking vegetables until softened, about 5 min. more. Add seasoned flour gradually while constantly stirring, to form a roux. Saute roux for 3-4 min. to cook out raw flour taste.
5. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 min.
6. Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through and rice is done, 15-20 min.